What makes a great building and remodeling contractor? Steve's got it all (and I do mean to brag!):
- architectural training - He can draw and read plans, knows strength of materials, strong design skills.
- product awareness - He can call out appliances, countertop materials and plumbing fixtures with the best of them.
- carpentry skills - His knowledge of carpentry is vast and deep; some others are "paper contractors", strictly businessmen
- paperwork skills - He has legally fine tuned and complete estimates, contracts, and clear and speedy correspondence.
- contracting skills - Knows how coordinate subcontractors, employees, and timelines, and treat them all well.
- people skills - Treats the homeowners like the king and queen of the castle.